- Ken Player – Chairman
- Paul Foley – Vice Chairman
- Gary Reeves
- Alice Wenzel
- Robert Resneder
The Appraisal District Board of Directors Role in the Property Tax System
The local property tax system follows the principle of checks and balances. An appraisal district board of directors hires the chief appraiser, sets the budget and appoints the appraisal review board members.
The directors have no authority to set values or appraisal methods. The chief appraiser carries out the appraisal district’s legal duties, hires the staff, makes the appraisals and operates the appraisal office.
- 2019 Property Tax Bills
- Property Owners Can Protest Property Appraisal Values
- Property Owners Should Soon Start Receiving Appraisal Notices for the 2019 Tax Year
- Updated Property Tax Information Now Available for Texas Taxpayers
- Rains County Appraisal District Reminds Businesses to Render their Taxable Propertyby April 15