- Ken Player – Chairman
- Paul Foley
- Gary Reeves
- Brent Jennings
- Cay House
The Appraisal District Board of Directors Role in the Property Tax System
The local property tax system follows the principle of checks and balances. An appraisal district board of directors hires the chief appraiser, sets the budget and appoints the appraisal review board members.
The directors have no authority to set values or appraisal methods. The chief appraiser carries out the appraisal district’s legal duties, hires the staff, makes the appraisals and operates the appraisal office.
- Property Owners Should Soon Start Receiving Appraisal Notices for the 2017 Tax Year
- Updated Property Tax Information Now Available for Texas Taxpayers
- Property Owners Can Protest Property Appraisal Values
- Rains County Appraisal District Reminds Businesses to Render their Taxable Propertyby April 15
- Deferred Property Tax Payments