Understanding The Property Tax Process
Property taxes are local taxes that provide the largest source of money local governments use to pay for schools, streets, roads, police, fire protection and many other services. Texas law establishes the process followed by local officials in determining the value for property, ensuring that values are equal and uniform, setting tax rates and collecting taxes. Texas has no state property tax. The Legislature has authorized local governments to collect the tax. The state does not set tax rates, collect taxes or settle disputes between you and your local governments.
- Updated Property Tax Information Now Available for Texas Taxpayers
- Property Owners Should Soon Start Receiving Appraisal Notices for the 2018 Tax Year
- Property Owners Can Protest Property Appraisal Values
- Rains County Appraisal District Reminds Businesses to Render their Taxable Propertyby April 15
- Deferred Property Tax Payments